Tuesday, June 28, 2011

{REAL PARTY} Ava's Strawberry Lemonade Party

I received a sweet strawberry lemonade party in my inbox by the gorgeous Kristina from Modern Frills. I have been an avid fan of Kristina's blog for quite a while now, and I am excited to share the gorgeous party she styled for her daughter Ava. I adore the cake stands, crate & bunting, there are so many adorable elements that come together beautifully. Well done Kristina! x





"Strawberry Lemonade is a favorite of the birthday girl so it was an easy choice for the party theme. Stefanie of Anne and Blue Paperie took my ideas and created a perfect vintage inspired birthday invitation along with party printables to coordinate with the theme.








Once the invitations were in the mail, I began the dessert table preparations. I started by looking for a white tablecloth that had a vintage feel. I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for so I purchased a simple white tablecloth from Target. I went with a size larger than I actually needed. After cutting the tablecloth down to the correct size and hemming the edge, I used the extra fabric to add a simple ruffle around the edges.






The backdrop of the dessert table was made using the "Happy Birthday" banner by Anna and Blue Paperie. I also made a few fabric flowers from vintage inspired kitchen towels and some remnant fabric using fabric stiffener (purchased at a local craft store) and a tutorial from Jones Design Company








The rest of the dessert table came together with cupcakes, fresh strawberries and some amazing cookies by Callye of The Adventures of Sweet Sugarbelle. The birthday girl and her friends sipped lemonade and danced in tutus with her dance teacher. It was a perfect day!"






Vendor Credits::

•birthday girl's shirt :: Modern Frills invitation & all party printables :: Anna and blue paperie 
•invitation photography :: Kate Ward Photography
•cookies :: Callye of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle
party photography ::aKa Photography
•birthday girls rosette headband :: Sweetharts
•fabric flowers ... DIY project made with vintage style kitchen towels from House8810
•twine:: The Twinery
•cupcake stand and mini cake stand:: Delightfully Lovely by OliviaDru
•straws and strawberry containers :: Sweet Lulu 
•party balloons :: Balloon Time



Visit the Modern Frills blog & Etsy store







2 comments:

Jane said...

How cute are the favour jars? I'm off to check out her blog now! Jane:)

Danielle said...

Adorable! I love following your blog for inspiration and ideas. I used some of the ideas I saw on your blog in planning my son’s 4th birthday party – http://danielledeskins.blogspot.com/2011/06/colins-pizzeria.html.

Thanks,
Danielle

Post a Comment

Mon Tresor {hearts} comments x

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio